Mr. Piltch has over 30 years of experience in the Health and Welfare industry. During his career, Stuart has held responsibilities for a wide array of customer, financial, regulatory, and operational functions. He has held a number of positions including interim President and CEO of a behavioral health management solutions company, Chief Operating Officer of a large health insurer, and Principal of an international employee benefits consulting firm.
Stuart founded Cambridge Advisory Group in 1999. Since then, the firm has grown to over 60 professionals who provide examination of the design, risk, liabilities, funding, regulatory status, vendor sourcing, and administrative practices of Health and Welfare, Qualified, and Non-Qualified plans for large employers. Further services include strategic, technical and administrative expertise on a broad range of subjects in the areas of qualified and non-qualified compensation, health and welfare benefits, and retirement plan design, testing and valuation. Significant experience in plan administration and auditing, organizational health and wellness, human resource information systems, compliance and other pertinent matters are also areas of expertise.
Some of Stuart’s specific career experience includes:
- Developed and implemented strategies for network development, medical management, sales, service, administration, and underwriting for a $1 billion health insurer.
- Interim President and CEO of a publicly held behavioral health management company servicing 1.5 million members.
- Helped to create a startup HMO product line for a coalition of twenty unions in Western New York.
- Actuarial, pricing and regulatory support for a number of healthcare providers and health plans.
- Design and introduction of focused diseased management programs as a risk management tool for an international television network.
- Led an audit of all insurance operations for a major municipal entity leading to the creation of an overall business plan which has resulted in substantial lower costs, stronger risk management, full regulatory compliance and improved plan administration.
- Performed several unique multi-disciplined organizational development and health studies linking compensation, benefit, absenteeism, disability and employee satisfaction with employee productivity, customer satisfaction and operational results.
- Completed work for several Fortune 500 employers on a variety of benefit matters in the areas of retirement, compensation and health and welfare.
- Testified as an Expert Witness for both private and governmental entities on such matters as fraud, damages realized through price fixing, fiduciary responsibilities of both plan and third party administrators, and claim practices.
- Developed a new corporate division for a $1 billion health insurer.
- Managed multiple regions for one of the largest insurance companies in the country, including sales, service, pricing, and administration.
- Coordinated bargaining issues for fifteen International Unions covering over 7 million members.